Here’s another installment of PubPeer Selections:
- Commenters are sniffing around a paper about whether dogs’ poop habits change with the Earth’s magnetic field.
- What if grants were distributed randomly? That’s one response to a paper on “Big Science, Small Science, or the Right Mix.”
- The authors of a paper in Science Translational Medicine respond to questions about a paper by posting what they say is an entire original Western blot, but a commenter is unconvinced.
- Two different responses from authors whose work is being chosen for replication by the Cancer Biology Reproducibility Project. One responds on PubPeer, while the other stops responding to the Project.
- “[I]t’s a matter of concern that a paper with such a deluge of honest errors could slip through the cracks of the peer-review system,” says a commenter on a paper in the Journal of Molecular Structure.